Mobile Phones and Apps
We help you with the Programming of Mobile GIS Applications irrespective of the environment. Over the past few years, mobile technology has significantly changed how communicate and interact with the outside world. With the increasing use of mobile devices and advancement of information communication information (ICT) technologies, mobile GIS emerged to provide real-time data collection and update, and made GIS easier and convenient to access.
A mobile application, most commonly referred to as an app, is a type of application software designed to run on a mobile device, such as a smartphone. It can categorized by the Functionality and Access Methods.
- Real-time data collection and editing services in the field,
- Location based services (LBSs, such as real-time tracking, navigation, monitoring and location identification using Global Positioning System (GPS),
- Augmented reality (AR) services using camera, GPS, and GIS data
Custom App Creation
Mobile GIS Functions
With the fast development of mobile Web and computing technologies, as well as increasingly availability of mobile devices, mobile information technologies have revolutionary influence on the human society.
- Mobile mapping (visualization) for representing spatial information over a mobile interface;
- Spatial query and interaction that enables users to retrieve information about features displayed on map;
- Map processing and spatial analysis, often limited due to the constraints of computing power and screen size for a given mobile device
Mobile GIS Apps
At MAp & Allied we deploy the use of both open source and closed source software (also known as proprietary software).
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and Tablets
- ArcGIS App for Smart Phones and Tablets
- AppStudio for ArcGIS
- gvSIG Mobile
- SW Maps
Mobile GIS Programming
Mobile application programming requires the use of specialized development environments, and mobile SDKs. Along with these general JS libraries for UI programming. Most mobile SDKs support app development on Android and iOS platforms, and a very few such as Carto Mobile SDKs (Carto, 2018), are available for the Windows platform.
• ArcGIS Runtime SDKs
• Google Maps SDK for Android
• HERE Android & IOS SDKs
• TomTom Maps SDKs
• Carto Mobile SDKs
• NextGIS Mobile SDKs