Telecommunications, also known as telecom, is the exchange/transmission of information by various types of technologies over wire, radio, optical, or other electromagnetic systems.
Benefits of GIS in Telecommunication
- Increase access to and reliability of infrastructure data
- Decrease operating costs
- Improve operational decision-making
- Simplify planning for future networks
- Improve response time to network issues
- Invest resources effectively
Cellular Signal Product
We’ve partnered with a Mapping Company to provide you with cellular products. Sample areas can be provided on request.
- To identify best telecom operator per country for connected solution ( what operator to choose)
- To identify min /average values per radio access technology (2G , 3G , 4G ) to configure connected solution HW/SW correctly
- To identify best areas for OTA
- To identify gaps in coverage (Customer support , no coverage zones warnings, route planning to avoid coverage gaps …)
Telecommunications networks are expansive and create large quantities of geographically dispersed asset data. GIS mapping enables telecom providers to enhance network planning, deployment, maintenance, operations, and even sales and marketing.
Network Planning & Deployment
Telecom industry faces challenges to satisfy the needs of both operator and subscriber. Telecom companies are faced with the following problems:
- Capacity Building
- Real-Time knowledge of network structure
- Personnel Management
- Demand Forescating
Netwok Planning has three main coponets:
- Topological Survey
- Network Sythesis
- Network Realization
We provide a GIS solution that integrate a wide variety of project data, including topography, population density, and predicted population trends.
GIS in Maintenance & Operation of Existing Network Structures
GIS helps in capacity management, maintenance and operation of network existing structures.
We provide you with a solution that helps you track keep an inventory of various network components: cables, ducts, towers and splice points.
GIS for Market Segmentation
Market Segmentation can be done more efficiently on the maps with the help of GIS.
Using GIS for telecom market analysis allows organizations to:
- Identify new opportunities
- Analyze past and current sales
- Monitor customer sentiment
- Enhance understanding of market demand